Understanding children's mental health & emotional wellbeing

Hammersmith and Fulham

Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services (CAMHS)

For young people up to 18 and their families. (Multidisciplinary). http://www.wlmht.nhs.uk/how-we-can-help/gp-information/service-directory-gps/services-in-hammersmith-fulham/camhs-services-in-hammersmith-fulham/

Counselling Services

West London Action for Children. Offers a range of counselling and therapy services for children in need and their families. http://www.wlac.org.uk/

Drug/Alcohol Support Services

Contact Hammersmith and Fulham’s Contact and Assessment Team for referal to approriate services for children and families. http://www.cnwl.nhs.uk/service/hammersmith-fulham-community-drug-and-alcohol-service-cdas/

Drug & Alcohol Support: For young people aged 18+ http://www.lbhf.gov.uk/Community_Service_Directory/result_detail.asp?externalId=Z3sUzoU-6lo

Children’s Information Services

The Family Information Service (FIS) provides information and advice on the range of facilities for children and young people. http://www.fisd.lbhf.gov.uk.openobjects.com/kb5/lbhf/fisd/home.page

Disability Support Services

HAFAD is an independent organisation promoting equality for disabled people. It provides high quality services and campaigns to remove artificial barriers to develop opportunity, choice and independence. https://actionondisability.org.uk/

Domestic Violence Support Services

Advance. A Women’s charity based in West London specialising in Domestic violence and Crisis Intervention. http://www.advanceadvocacyproject.org.uk

Bereavement Support Services

Cruse Bereavement Care exists to promote the well-being of bereaved people and to enable anyone bereaved by death to understand their grief and cope with their loss, regardless of age, religion, disability, gender or sexual preference. The organisation provides support through volunteers. http://www.kc-cruse.org.uk/

Young Carers

Hammersmith Young Carers. A group for young carers, young people caring for a relative who has a disability or is dealing with alcohol or drug abuse. http://www.lbhf.gov.uk/Directory/Health_and_Social_Care/Carers/Support_for_carers/148242_Young_carers.asp