Recruiting Counsellors / Play Therapists / Creative Arts Therapists / Music Therapists
A little about us
Connect-Ed has over 35 years’ experience of providing professional counselling and therapy services on-site in schools. We provide outstanding services to approximately 80 primary, secondary and special schools across London and the South East offering a range of creative and talking therapies. Our overriding motivation is to make a positive difference to children’s lives, and we deliver a unique service which is tailored to each child’s individual needs.
What we are looking for
Over 90% of the children and young people who access our Connect-Ed services have shown a marked improvement in their emotional wellbeing. Do you want to be a part of this amazing work? We are currently looking to recruit creative, enthusiastic and motivated Counsellor / Play Therapist / Creative Arts Therapist to fill the below vacancies:
- Primary school in Brent (NW10), one day per week
- Primary school in Ealing (UB2), one day per week
- Primary school in Hillingdon (UB7), one day per week
- Primary school in Tower Hamlets (E14), one day per week
Your qualifications and skills
You will have:
- A qualification in Counselling, Play Therapy or a Creative Arts Therapy (We require at least a Level 5 qualification or above).
- Completed a minimum of 100 clinical hours.
- Experience of working with primary or secondary aged young people (whichever is relevant to the role being applied for).
- A good understanding of educational settings.
- Current membership of an appropriate professional body (BACP, BAPT, BADth, BAAT, BAMT etc.).
- Where applicable to your qualification/training, be HCPC registered or professionally accredited (or actively working towards accreditation).
What you get in return
We offer an excellent package including:
- Competitive salary.
- Generous employer pension contribution (up to 11%).
- Access to an employee assistance scheme.
- Clinical supervision.
- Regular line-management support.
- Continuing professional development opportunities.
£29,686 to £33,569 based on working five days (35 hours) per week. This is a term-time role (the full time equivalent is £34,699 to £39,237). The salary offered is subject to experience. The salary will be paid pro rata in line with the number of days per week you are contracted to work.
How to apply
A full job description and application form can be downloaded below:
To apply please complete our application form and email this, together with your CV, to: email@example.com
CLOSING DATE: Friday 8th December 2023, 9am
INTERVIEW DATE: TBC
Please be aware that due to the high volume of applications feedback will not be provided for candidates who are not shortlisted.
Connect-Ed is the deliver arm for the mental health services provided by the Catholic Children’s Society (CCS). CCS is an inclusive employer and we aim to have a workforce that reflects the rich diversity of the communities we service. There is no requirement for our staff to be Catholic and we encourage applications from candidates from diverse backgrounds. CCS is committed to safe recruitment and the post will be subject to an enhanced DBS check. Charity No. 210920
For more information about our mental health services please visit www.ccsconnected.org.uk